Is your music connected to Africa or Indian Ocean nations?
Is your music 100% live?
Are you interested to perform next February 2018 in Zanzibar?
If you can answer yes, yes, yes – then please read on...
Please note that you have eleven (11) days or less to perform (again) or make this your first time performing in on of the African continent's longest, running music-centered festivals
WHEN: 8 – 11 February 2018. PLAN AHEAD NOW!
WHERE: Stonetown, Zanzibar (Tanzania)
Sauti za Busara 2018 will feature 40+ performances on 3 stages over 4 days, including diverse, original and live music from across the African Continent and diaspora. Artists representing music from the Arab World and Indian Ocean are also welcomed to apply.
The Call for Artists is open only until 31st July 2017. 23:59 hours East Africa Time Zone (UTC + 3)
Incomplete applications or those received after the deadline will not be considered.To apply to participate, please send all documents as listed below.
- Artists’ profile/biography* (One sheet)
- Latest audio release* (send 2 CDs by post, or maximum 3 songs by wetransfer/dropbox)
- Video DVD of live performance, or 1 digital clip by wetransfer/dropbox (if available)
- 2 promotional photos* (high-resolution) 1500 x 1500 pixels
- List of musicians (their purpose) + Stage Plan and Technical Rider (if available)
Supporting documents must be clearly labeled and sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Printed applications by post are highly appreciated and should be sent to the following address:
P O Box 3635
Please clearly mark your package “Contents not for sale. For promotional use only”
Submission deadline to receive your complete application: midnight, 31st July 2017
If selected, Sauti za Busara will cover the following expenses for participating artists + 1 manager:
- Modest honorarium, towards performance fees
- Per-diems, for meals and incidentals
- Accommodation in Zanzibar
- All local transport related to the performance
- Tanzanian visa costs, reimbursed against receipts
- All-Festival passes, includes access to all shows and activities for the duration of the event
- Artist’s profile in festival programmes, press releases, website and social media.
The selection committee meets in August to finalise the line-up for Sauti za Busara 2018. All applicants will be notified of their decision before September. Artists from outside the region may be required to find their own travel sponsors.
Sauti za Busara is an African music festival that is held every year in February in Zanzibar, Tanzania. It is centred in the Old Fort (Ngome Kongwe), with fringe events taking place concurrently around Stone Town - including a carnival street parade.
Sauti za Busara is one of the largest music festivals in East Africa, with several hundreds of artists participating each year. It showcases a diverse and dynamic programme of exclusively African music - 100% live - and has over the years provided a valuable stage for local Swahili talent, from taarab legends like Bi Kidude and Culture Musical Club, to homegrown Tanzanian pop and hip-hop.