Rab Bakari attended and participated in the ACCES BY THE Music In Africa Foundation Dakar, Sénégal - 17-18 NOV 2017
Here are the conference sessions /panels
ABOUT THE EVENT
The Music In Africa Conference For Collaborations, Exchange And Showcases, or simply ACCES, is the ideal platform for music industry players from across the continent to exchange ideas, discover new talent and accelerate the shaping of the vibrant music sector on the continent.
ACCES is held in a different African city every year, attracting delegates from many countries. The event is spread over two days, offering a dynamic programme designed to benefit local participants and visiting delegates. The programme typically offers training workshops, panel discussions, presentations, live performances, networking sessions, exhibitions and visits to key music industry hubs in the host city.
Wherever it is held, ACCES presents opportunities for the local industry to showcase its musical works to a diverse audience while fostering business exchange and the creation of a strong network of music professionals on the continent.
This is why you should attend:
- ACCES is attended by influential people in African music, from festival bookers to funders, policymakers to musicians, NGOs, record labels and distributors, musicians and many more.
- ACCES provides the ideal platform for the local industry to engage, showcase its offerings and do business with other industries (local and global).
- ACCES is pan-African and accessible – it moves to a different African city every year.
- ACCES helps musicians to get touring opportunities.
- ACCES offers valuable insights into the music sector on the continent.
- Connect with the industry.
- Showcase to bookers/businesses who may open new doors for you.
- Meet local, regional and international professionals who are keen to do business.
- Be part of a sustainable network.
- Make new partnerships.
- Join an active network of music professionals on the continent.
- Promote your work/your business to a wider audience.
- Learn new things.
- Share your ideas.
The broader objectives of ACCES are:
- To connect and promote exchange between music professionals from, or related to, Africa and its diaspora;
- to facilitate the discovery of African music talent & new opportunities;
- to provide reliable and useful information that promotes the African music sector and its operators;
- to encourage the creation of content by Africans, about Africa or related to Africa and its diaspora;
- to improve the distribution, accessibility and viability of African musical works;
- to strengthen music networks and collaboration on the continent;
- to encourage growth in the African music sector.
ACCES started in 2016 as a small feature on the Music In Africa Foundation’s AGM Plus programme. The AGM Plus was held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and attended by delegates from more than 15 countries. The keynote address was delivered by legendary Ethio-jazz musician Mulatu Astatke. From 2017 the AGM Plus will be packaged as ACCES.
The programme is implemented in English and French, with professional translation.
ACCES 2017 will take place in Dakar, Senegal, on 17 and 18 November. For the 2017 programme, partners and other information visit the official website. ACCES is an initiative of the Music In Africa Foundation. It is supported by the Siemens Foundation, the Goethe-Institut, Teranga Jam Fest, the Association of Musicians of Senegal and other partners.