Name: Elom Adablah
Popularly known as: E.L
“The Kanye West of Ghana”
“This is crazee Charleee!!”
E.L. grew up in Dansoman, Accra. His interest in music production
began at a young age. He started rapping in JSS. (Martin de Porres
School and Jack and Jill Secondary School). He was making beats by
senior secondary school (Presbyterian Boys Secondary School). He often skipped classes at university to record songs in his bedroom.
After graduating from the University of Ghana, Legon, and
completing his national service year; the young artiste began music production fulltime. Despite the skepticism of close friends
and family, E.L. invested all his funds into building his own recording
studio, so he could focus on a music career. He developed a
musical style fusing R&B, hip-hop and alternative genres.
E.L. has produced for major artistes such as Reggie Rockstone, V.I.P., Sarkodie, Trigmatic, Asem, Tinny, plus many more. He has also scored many Ghanaian films and TV series such as ‘The Perfect Picture’ & ‘ Adam’s Apples’.
Throughout his musical career, he has helped several artists reach their goals, and performed on many musical platforms.
• 2009 Released first solo single called “Why?”
• 2010, African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA), Best Soundtrack award, A Sting in the Tale
• 2010, Ghana Movie Awards 2010, Best Score Award, Checkmate
• 2011, Ghana Music Awards, Hip-hop Song of the Year award, D-Black’s - “Get On the Dance Floor” as a producer
• 2011, released The Project Hip Hop Mixtape with C-Real, which features hit single “Weytin dey Happen?”
• 2011, released hit singles, 1Ghana (For Your Pocket) and Obuu Mo.
• 2012 – He finally released his debut album of 25 tracks called ‘Something Else’ on iTunes, & Amazon MP3. The powerful collection of Azonto/Dance & Hip Hop tracks guarantees favorite songs for everyone!
He has also produced numerous Afrobeats hits for music artists throughout Africa, Europe and North America.